Thursday, August 07, 2008

Free to Succeed


Last night I went to see David Jay present at the LAX Sheraton for his Free to Succeed tour. Jasmine Star joined DJ as a guest presenter. Jasmine Star has only been photographing weddings for two years but her trajectory in the industry is something that has everyone in awe. The best part about her story is, Jasmine has achieved all this success by just being herself. I can see why she has no trouble booking brides with her personality. I am so excited to see what the future holds for Jasmine.

It was also good to see David Jay again. I am amazed by how he has been the brain behind several pieces of software for photographers all while shooting weddings. His newest creation Show-it Sites is groundbreaking. It allows you to quickly and easily build custom flash websites. Show-it Sites is built on Adobe Air and I am sure the executives at Adobe are very impressed with what DJ and his team have dreamed up. They must be, since they sponsored part of the tour.


I took away several valuable pieces on information that will help me better develop my brand. I also got to hang out with Becker, Jack Rantana, Christopher Wren, Brian Khang, and several other wedding photographers in the OC/LA region. I had a blast and hope to see some of my friends again soon. I have to give a big shout out to Becker for treating several of us to a late dinner at In-n-Out after the workshop.

1 comments:

Jasmine said...

Thanks for coming out in LA...it was such a great night! :)

Blog Archive