Monday, February 18, 2008

New Toys

I finally picked up a Canon 5D body last week after contemplating the purchase for nearly a year. Canon released the 5D in September 2005. The 5D is equipped with a full frame 12.8 MP sensor. Even though this model has been out for 2.5 years with no replacement, it is still considered on of the top cameras out today due to its low noise and great color representation. I had been hoping Canon would announce the 5D replacement at PMA in Vegas this year but it didn't happen. They could announce it this summer or early fall and I will be curious to see what they do. The main reason I wanted to get a 5D is so I could really appreciate the shallow depth of field the 85mm f/1.2L II can deliver on a full frame body. I also enjoy getting the full fisheye effect using my 15mm f/2.8 fisheye lens now.


I also picked up 2 new Canon L lenses for my 5D. I got the 24-70mm f/2.8L and the 17-40mm f/4.0L. Make sure you check back later today of tomorrow for my first outing with my new camera and lenses.


1 comments:

Andrew said...

These shots with the 5D are great, mine is on the way and I can't wait for it. I love the pictures of the seals, what an awesome experience for the two of you.

Blog Archive