Thursday, January 31, 2008

Las Vegas & Lights

I am out in Las Vegas at PMA08. I drove out this morning from LA and will be heading back tomorrow. On my trip out I listened to Born Standing Up: A Comic's Life by Steve Martin. The book was excellent especially since it was read by Steve Martin himself. He has starred in two of my favorite films, The Jerk, and Planes, Train, and Automobiles and happens to be one of my favorite actors. I would love to meet him one day.


After dinner and the season premiere of Lost I went out with my Canon 40D and my 85mm f/1.2L II lens and purposely took photographs totally out of focus. The reason I wanted to take photos that weren't in focus is because this lens has a circular aperture so you get a really cool effect when photographing lights, which Las Vegas is full of. Here is one of my favorite images from tonight.

0 comments:

Blog Archive