Thursday, April 03, 2008

Catching Up

Sorry it has been several weeks since I have last posted. The past couple of weeks have been crazy with a trip to the east coast, a late night drive back from Vegas, finding a new place to live one week before we were scheduled to move, packing, and unpacking.


My trip back east at the begining of March was great. I had a great time catching up with friends and family and photographing Matt & Gretchen. I also spent 2 days photographing the NFL Ed Block Courage Awards while in Baltimore. Many of the images I shot are already being used on NFL team websites and in publications. Since many of the images I shot are licenced by the NFL, I have to wait to get my images approved before posting.


After getting back to Baltimore I only had a few days before heading off to Vegas for WPPI. I had a great time at WPPI even though my trip was cut very short. I got in late Saturday night to catch the Fast Track Photographer Workshop with Dane Sanders on Sunday. I had a great time at the workshop and had a chance to meet several great photographers. Monday was the first day of WPPI. I had a great time checking out the tradeshow and catching Yervant and Jesh De Rox during their platform presentations. Sadly I had to head home late Monday night due to a company breaking a written and verbal agreement. On Monday night after the Yervant presentation I got a call letting us know that the new apartment we were planning to move into was given to someone else. The fusterating part is that we had a written and verbal agreement and a date to pick up the keys. So after talking to my wife, Victoria, I decieded to drive home and look for a new place to live with only a little over a week before our scheduled move. I left Las Vegas at 11:00 pm for a 4.5 hour drive home.


So now it is April and we are nearly all unpacked. The move to our new place went smothly and we had an amazing group of friend and family give us a hand. Time Waner cable did not show up when we had made an appointment so I went nearly a week without internet. I am now connected again and catching up on my work. I am thankful that my clients have been very patient and understanding.


At the place we just moved out of, we lived on the first floor and had a pool view. The pool closed at 10pm but on several occasions people would break the rules at all hours of the night (1am, 4am, 6am) and wake us up. We are now in a new complex on the top floor. Here is the view we get from our balcony. I know the picture is small and the view isn't outstanding but I really like it. Make sure you check out the notes below the image.


1. The Hollywood sign
2. Griffith Observatory
3. Activision. I sometimes see people outside with motion capture suits on. They must be working on a new version of Guitar Hero.
4. I love mountains.

0 comments:

Blog Archive